Vaasa is an international city with international companies, which is why we develop logistics to meet global needs. We not only focus on present needs but work strategically to be reachable from other parts of the world in the long run. Vaasa offers all four means of transport – air, sea, road and rail – to ensure that Vaasa is always easily accessible. Our logistics strength is the ability to combine different means of transportation, and through that, tailor logistics solutions to suit many entrepreneurs' and companies' ways of doing business.
- The logistics of Vaasa are developed for global export.
The unique co-operative port of Finland and Sweden
Kvarken Ports connects the ports of Umeå and Vaasa. In response to future shipping requirements, Umeå and Vaasa have jointly built a new port and transport concept around the world's northernmost year-round scheduled freight traffic.
- 4 hours to Umeå, Sweden with the Wasaline ferry that operates between the Kvarken Ports.
- 48 hours to Rostock, Germany.
- The planned new Kvarken Ferry is scheduled to start operating in 2021. When completed, it will increase the volume of both passengers and freight.
Kvarken Ports Vaasa
Main areas: Freight, bulk, projects, passengers, oil
Volume 2017: 1.1 million tonnes
Channel depth: 9 m
Quay types: Lolo, roro, passenger and bulk (dry and liquid)
The development of Vaskiluoto bridge and the port area
In recent years, Vaasa has invested heavily in the renewal of Vaskiluoto bridge, which connects the city to the port of Vaasa. Plans are also underway to invest in the development of the port and the railway, so that they better meet today's requirements and extend their use.
Vaasa international airport
Vaasa Airport is one of the busiest airports in Finland with its international business and charter flights. From Vaasa, you can fly with only one intermediate landing to Europe, America and Asia.
- Located 10 kilometres from the city centre of Vaasa.
- One of the busiest airports in Finland.
- Nominated three times as Finland’s airport of the year: 2005, 2008 and 2017.
Road and rail
Vaasa is also well connected by land with frequent rail services to large parts of Finland and Russia. Also, a comprehensive road network spreads out of Vaasa all over Finland.
- By train 3.5 hours to Helsinki and by road 4.5 hours.