The period of application for new students in visual arts, crafts, contemporary dance, theater, circus and audiovisual arts is 1.6.-23.8. (music, dance classes for children and classical ballet look up the Kuula-institute).
Information about the received spot, time for when the studies begin and the group of which the pupil will participate in will be sent per e-mail in beginning of August. However if there are free places in the group you can also join during the term.
Withdrawal of studies
- If the pupil chooses to interrupt their studies one should immediately hand in a written notification via e-mail to the office of the basic education in art email@example.com.
- The final date is counted as the day when the office receives the notification.
- If the pupil interrupts his/her studies within 3-6 weeks from the beginning of the semester, half of the course fee will be billed. If the studies are interrupted later on, the whole course fee will be billed.
Discounts for siblings: If two or more children of the same family participate in the basic art education (does not concern children who studies at Kuula-opisto) is given a discount: 10% for the second child, 20% for the third child and so on.
Discount for those who are unemployed: The children of those who are unemployed is given a 50% discount on the course fee. The people who live in Vaasa that has been granted basic allowance from FPA can apply for exemption from their children’s course fee.
Please fill in the form below and return it to the to the office at Kasarmi 11 (Itäinen Kasarmintori 7-9, 65100 Vaasa).
Terms and holidays
- 24.8.2020 Autumn term begins
- 14 – 18.10.2020 Autumn holiday
- 6.12.2020 Independence day
- 21.12.2020 – 6.1.2021 Christmas holiday
- 7.1.2021 Spring term begins
- 1 – 5.3.2021 Winter holiday
- 1- 5.4.2021 Easter
- 1.5.2021 May Day
- 13.5.2021 Ascension day