- Corona vaccinations for people over 75 years of age (born in 1946 and older) are given using the Pfizer-Biontech or Moderna vaccines
- Corona vaccinations for 18-69 year olds (born in 2003-1952) in Risk Group 1 are given the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca
- For 16-17 year olds (born 2004-2005) in Risk Group 1 the vaccine given is the Pfizer-Biontech Comirnaty
Group 1 includes anyone with an extremely high susceptibility to a severe coronavirus reaction:
- recipients of organ transplants or stem cell transplants
- people receiving active cancer treatment
- people with severe immunology defects
- people with severe chronic kidney disease
- people with severe chronic lung disease
- people receiving medication for type 2 diabetes
- people with Down syndrome (adults)
It is also possible to register for an appointment and the vaccination queue during the following weeks
Vaccination times are reserved by calling the following numbers according to the first letter of the surname:
- Letters A – J tel. 040 665 0709 and 040 482 5110
- Letters K – R, tel. 040 610 3449 and 040 485 7210
- Letters S – Ö, tel. 040 182 3049 and 040 679 0680
- Vaccination appointments at Vähäkyrö health station Mon-Fri 9:00-12:00 tel. 040 537 6453
Residents are vaccinated at their local health stations. Anyone in home care and home nursing will receive their corona vaccine through the home care and home nursing services.
– Corona vaccinations are delivered to us in small batches every week, which is why some of those who are to be vaccinated are placed in a vaccination queue. Those in the vaccination queue will be called when the vaccine is available. The vaccination queue can also be easily called in the coming weeks, says the Nursing Director of Healthcare Services Kathy Guss.
Over 4,000 Vaasa residents have received a vaccination
– By 25 February 2021, a total of 4,183 Vaasa residents have received a corona vaccination, says the Nursing Director of Healthcare Services Kathy Guss.
- Born in 1910-1941: 3,166 vaccinations
- Born in 1942-1951: 463 vaccinations
- Born in 1952-2005: 554 vaccinations