– Those in risk groups who have reached the age of 65 and older can safely take the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine in accordance with THL recommendations, says Deputy Chief Physician Satu Kärki.
Vaccinations for people over 70 years of age (born in 1951 and earlier) and those in Risk Group 1 will continue.
– We hope that people who book online will respect the age-group targets and risk groups as well as consider that you can only book one time per person, says Nursing Director Kathy Guss.
Risk Group 1: Anyone with a disease or condition that will make them highly susceptible to developing a severe coronavirus infection, such as
- recipients of organ transplants or stem cell transplants
- people undergoing active cancer treatment
- people with severe disorders of the immune system
- people with severe chronic renal disease
- people with severe chronic pulmonary disease
- people receiving medication for type 2 diabetes
- people with Down syndrome (16 years of age and older)
Risk group 2: Anyone with a disease or condition that increases the risk of a severe coronavirus infection, such as
- people with asthma requiring continuous medication
- people with severe heart disease, including heart failure (but not just hypertension)
- people with a neurological illness or condition that affects breathing
- people with immunosuppressive drug therapy for autoimmune disease
- people with severe chronic liver disease
- people with Type 1 diabetes or adrenal insufficiency
- people with sleep apnoea
- people with psychosis
- people with morbid obesity (body mass index more than 40)
Instructions for those arriving for vaccination and making an appointment
The corona vaccination is given in two doses. You will automatically have a time for a second vaccination about 12 weeks after the first vaccination.
Please note that the availability of vaccination times depends on when, how many, and which kind of vaccines first arrive in Finland, and then to Vaasa via the hospital district.
Book an appointment for a corona vaccination here: https://sote.easiointi.fi/fi/web/vaasa-te. Note! Only one time / person.
If electronically bookable times are not available, it is possible to enter the vaccination queue by making a telephone call. Some electronically booked times may be on weekends.
You can also make an appointment by phone by calling the following numbers according to the first letter of the surname:
- Letters A – J, Mon-Thurs 09:00 – 15:00, Fri 09:00-14:00, tel. 040 665 0709 and 040 482 5110
- Letters K – R, Mon-Thurs 09:00 – 15:00, Fri 09:00-14:00, tel. 040 610 3449 and 040 485 7210
- Letters S – Ö, Mon-Thurs 09:00 – 15:00, Fri 09:00-14:00, tel. 040 182 3049 and 040 679 0680
- Vaccination appointments at Vähäkyrö health station can be booked at tel. 040 537 6453, Mon-Fri 09:00-12:00
Persons living in the same household who do not belong to a risk group are not entitled to receive the vaccine at the same time.