You are here
Vaasa buses will switch to the new Waltti-travel cards on the 05.09.2016. You can get new bus cards from three different service points.
The Waltti-travel card is a nationwide card and can be used in other cities that have adopted the Waltti system.
Get a new card from a service point
A new card costs 5 euros.
Waltti-card sales- and top-up service points:
- Vaasa local transport office, Hovioikeudenpuistikko 11 www.vaasanpaikallisliikenne.fi
- Studio Ticket, Rewell Center http://www.studioticket.fi/
- Kansalaisinfo, Kirjastonkatu 13 http://www.vaasa.fi/tuottajat/yhteispalvelu-vaasa-kansalaisinfo
- R-kiosks (only for credit top ups, no cards are sold), Rewell Center, Kauppapuistikko, Palosaari, Vöyrinkaupunki, Vetokannas and Huutoniemi
- Waltti online shop
A Waltti is used as a season ticket or a value card (pay as you go card)
A Waltti is a personal card, which is used either as a season ticket or a pay as you go card for bus trips. For more details see tickets and service points.
Waltti card validity
A Waltti-card for Vaasa public transport can be used to travel on local transport routes 1-5 and 7-15, as well as special departures E1-E4, E11. A Waltti card can also be used on service buses 1, 2 and 3.
Waltti- cards are not valid for the following
- Vähäkyrö-routes (will be introduced later)
- Route 6 Vaasa-Sepänkylä-Vaasa
- Disability services transport
- Senior buses
These services will continue to use existing tickets / cards. The Waltti-ticket reform does not apply to series and regional tickets purchased from Matkahuolto.
The validity of old tickets
Old bus tickets can still be used when the Waltti-card is introduced. Series tickets are valid for 12 months from the last time they were credited and season tickets are valid for three months from the time they were credited. However, a Waltti-card must be obtained when they are empty, since old cards can no longer be credited for new journeys.