You are here
Welcome to the new website for Vaasa, tourism and the surrounding region
Residents, tourists and businesses in the Vaasa region will continue to be served via the vaasa.fi website. You can also find all events in the region via this website. Even the familiar addresses vasaregion.fi, visitvaasa.fi and kvarken.fi are still working.
Send feedback now!
A version of the new website, which is under development, has been published at the address beta.vaasa.fi, although the content of the site is still being developed. The intention of the site is to serve tourists this summer and collect feedback from users before the autumn publication.
What do you think of the site?
— Feedback is sent to our development group. We can then make changes based on the responses we receive in order to make the service as good as possible, says Tiina Salonen who is the project manager for the new web service.
The content of the site is constantly being supplemented. For example, content that is important for tourists already exists in English, while the content aimed at English-speaking residents is still under development.
Become familiar with the new web service
- In the Living section you will find the services that Vaasa offers its residents.
- The See and Experience section presents sights, activities and experiences as well as the World Heritage Site in the Kvarken archipelago for residents and tourists.
- The Education and Working section tells about study and work opportunities in the region.
- The Business section describes services related to company operations and development as well as factors contributing to business success.
- The Events section contains details of all events and tasks relating to the organization of them.
- The About Vaasa and the Vaasa region section has presentations, information about the region, contact information and information about Vaasa City's decision process.
The goal is to improve services and the region's attractiveness
Salonen says that the number of visitors to the pages increases significantly when users are directed to the same website.
— We are improving the service to our target groups because all the information is clearly in the same place. Through closer cooperation, we wish to strengthen the attractiveness of Vaasa and the Vaasa region, both in Finland and internationally, says Salonen.