Vaasa City Orchestra is holding an audition to cover positions: Principal bassoon
Vaasa City Orchestra, established in 1930, has 31 musicians. Tomas Djupsjöbacka has been the chief conductor of the orchestra since January 2021.
Principal for bassoon
to a permanent position starting on 22.8.2023 or according to agreement.
- Application period: 23.2.-21.4.2023
- Applications and CV to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org, before Fri 21.4. at 16.00 (GMT +3).
- Date of Audition and Venue: Mon 15.5.2023 starting approximately at 12 in Vaasa City Hall, Senaatinkatu 1, 65100 Vaasa. The exact time will be announced later. After the application due date, selected candidates will receive an email invitation to the audition. A pianist is available at the audition; however, the applicant may use a personal pianist at his or her own expense.
- Salary: according to Local Government Employers KT
- Trial time: 6 months
- More information: General Manager Mia Huhta, tel. +358 40 5248877, email@example.com (office hours)
- W.A.Mozart: Bassoon concerto B Major KV 191, 1. and 2. part, without cadenza
- C. Saint-Saëns: Bassoon sonet op. 168, 1. and 2. part
Orchestral excerpts will be sent directly to the applicants starting on 21.4.2023.
If you have questions, you can also contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaasa City Orchestra is one of the most important representatives of classical music in the Ostrobothnia region. The orchestra consists of 31 musicians lead by chief conductor Tomas Djupsjöbacka.
In addition to the seasonal concerts; the orchestra performs in opera productions, music festivals and other events. Outreach work is also part of the orchestra’s activities.
Vaasa is an energetic city for culture and education. The city offers various culture experiences, study and job opportunities and hobbies. Vaasa is an international and multilingual city with 67 000 inhabitants.