EnergyVaasa - The Nordic Hub For Energy Technology
EnergyVaasa – The Nordic Hub for Energy Technology
EnergyVaasa is the largest energy technology hub in the Nordic countries. This has made it a world leader within different technologies, such as smart electrical solutions, sustainable energy, flexible power generation and digitalisation – to mention a few.
The substantial number of high-tech companies in the region makes it a fertile breeding ground for new businesses. The economy of EnergyVaasa comes from export, the proof of which lies in the remarkable 80% export rate.
In Vaasa, we work in unison. Local universities, energy technology companies and municipalities work intensively together on research, product development, innovation and education. No wonder the Vaasa region is regarded as the most innovative area in Finland. The energy technology industry in Vaasa has a long-established history, which has resulted in a robust form of research competence.
EnergyVaasa is the leading energy hub in the Nordic countries. Our mission is clear: to create more sustainable technologies for saving the planet!
We represent more than 160 businesses in the energy industry.
Interested in more hard facts?
- EnergyVaasa consists of over 160 companies
- Combined yearly turnover of the companies is 5 billion euros
- Exports cover more than 80% of total turnover
- 12,000 employees in total
- 200 million euro spent on R&D
- Planned investments on energy technology infrastructure worth 1.2 billion euros in the EnergyVaasa region by the end of year 2025