The UNESCO world heritage sites are the natural forerunners of sustainable tourism.
The Kvarken World Heritage Association wants to develop the Kvarken Archipelago World Heritage Site into a sustainable tourist destination through the Kvarken World Heritage Visitor Center. In our operations, we strive to offer services and experiences that create health and well-being for people, good business conditions for entrepreneurs and economic well-being for the region.
- We invest in local sustainable development and cooperate with local entrepreneurs and communities to promote the local community. Local knowledge, practical experiences and cultural history are the starting point for many lasting experiences.
- Our visitor center is easy accessible and serves visitors in a variety of ways.
- We tell our visitors about the values of the world heritage site and encourage visitors to act responsibly. We collect feedback from customers to improve customer satisfaction and business.
- We promote the growth of the local economy and the creation of jobs by providing information about companies and services in the area and by encouraging tourists to stay longer at the world heritage site. Where possible, we hire local subcontractors and partners.
- We promote well-being and health by encouraging visitors to diverse cultural and nature experiences in the area.
- We organize and participate in training and cooperation meetings of operators in the region.
- We reduce the load on the environment by operating energy and material efficiently and we act as a good example in environmental matters.
- By offering our visitors locally produced, high-quality and sustainable services, we hope to contribute to the development of responsible tourism in Finland.