Vaasa has many public campfire sites that can be used by residents and visitors for free. Bring your own firewood, lighters and barbecue equipment with you, and choose a place where you would enjoy grilling sausages!
The campfire sites have concrete rings, where the fire can be made, and benches for people to sit on. Users should bring their own equipment for putting out fires and dispose of any rubbish in the bins provided.
The City of Vaasa Parks Department maintains the following campfire sites:
- Asevelikylä (Edvininpolku, Keilatie)
- Gerby (Storberget, Hellaksentie)
- Huutoniemi (near the Psychiatric Unit of the Central Hospital, close to the intersection of Huutoniementie and Välitie)
- Isolahti (Variskarit, Huvilatie)
- Koskisuo (Böle 1, Varjokuja)
- Onkilahti (north of the park, Onkilahdentie)
- Ristinummi (next to the frisbee golf course, Vesilaitoksentie)
- Suvilahti (Ahvensaari, along the outdoor trail which starts from the end of Kuparisaarentie, near the sea cliffs)
- Suvilahti (Appelsiininmäki, along the outdoor trail which goes from the end of Kaskistenkatu towards Helsingörinkatu)
- Vanha Vaasa (Rauniopuisto, Kauppiaankuja) only available in winter
The Öjberget ski centre (Marketintie) also has a barbecue hut maintained by the Leisure Office in the vicinity of the observation tower, where you can grill and eat snacks.
The campfire sites along the Pilvilampi walking trail (Kappelinmäentie) are maintained by Vaasan Latu ry. The campfire sites can be found at the following locations:
- Eetun piilo
- Kivijärven laavu
- Närvän mutka