World Heritage Gateway
Welcome to the World Heritage Gateway – the visitor centre of the Kvarken Archipelago World Heritage area
At the World Heritage Gateway, you can familiarise yourself with the World Heritage Kvarken Archipelago, which is the best place in the world to experience the land uplift after the last Ice Age! Here is our visitor centre summarised – for more detailed information about opening hours, services and fees, see drop-down menus below.
- Information lobby gives you an overview of our World Heritage with texts, videos, animations and brochures year-round and free of charge.
- Open gallery Arte Mare showcases the work of local artists year-round and free of charge.
- Main exhibition Weichsel tells the story of our World Heritage through the senses against a small entrance fee.
- Shop with World Heritage products and small souvenirs is open during summer season.
- Escape Game Kvarken’s Sea Monster can pre-booked online year-round.
- Guided tours and presentations can be pre-booked via our customer service year-round.
The service and texts within World Heritage Gateway is available in English, Swedish and Finnish.
If you get hungry, the Restaurant & Cafe Berny’s offers meals and coffee in the same premises year-round. You can find Berny’s website and opening hours here. Finland’s longest bridge, Replot bridge, is located just next door and is an ideal place for a refreshing walk and taking in the scenery.
Opening hours and customer service
Opening hours and service in winter season
During the winter season, the visitor center World Heritage Gateway is open without personnel from Oktober to April according to the opening hours of the Restaurant Berny’s operating in the same premises. Check Berny’s opening hours from the restaurant’s website. You are welcome to visit us on your own and do the following:
- Take free maps and brochures with you.
- Explore the information lobby with general information about Kvarken Archipelago World Heritage and other Finnish World Heritage Sites, a touchscreen with videos and animations about our World Heritage, and a computer that represents archipelago’s history.
- Visit the open gallery Arte Mare that has changing exhibitions by local artists. Arte Mare’s opening hours are Monday-Friday 9 AM-20 PM, Saturdays 10 AM-20 PM, and Sundays closed during the period of 5th of December 2022 – 28th of February 2023.
Year-round, you can also pre-book a guided tour or presentation at the visitor centre and its exhibition Weichsel via our customer service, or pre-book an escape game online (see the section Entrance fees, guided tours and escape game below).
Opening hours and service in the summer season
During the summer season the visitor centre is open with personnel from May to September. Note that daily customer service at the visitor centre is guaranteed in June, July and August from 10 am until 6 pm, when our summer guides will be at your service. When personnel are present, you can also:
- Purchase World Heritage products and souvenirs from our shop.
- Purchase entrance to the exhibition Weichsel on spot without pre-booking.
- Rent a bike.
Customer service year-round
If you have any question throughout the year, you can contact our customer service during office hours. Customer service helps you in English, Swedish or Finnish.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +358 50 3466 200
Entrance fees, guided tours and escape game
You can explore the information lobby and the gallery Arte Mare free of charge.
Entrance fee to the exhibition Weichsel
- Adults 6 €
- Retired 5 €
- Discount ticket 3 €
(children 7-17 years / unemployed)
- Children under 7 years for free
- Group ticket 5 € / person
(booking in advance, and the minimum size for the group is 10 persons)
Guided tours and presentations at the visitor centre
Guided tours and presentations are available all year round and must be booked in advance from our customer service via email or telephone: email@example.com or +358 50 3466 200. See the pricing below. Both private persons and larger groups are welcome to book guided tours and presentations. They are available in English, Swedish or Finnish.
Kindergarten and school groups
- Guidance for kindergarten and school groups costs 50 € / maximum 30 persons.
- Free entrance for all the kindergarten groups and the school groups from the World Heritage municipalities (Mustasaari, Vaasa, Vöyri, Maalahti and Korsnäs).
- Entrance fee of 3 € / pupil for other school groups.
Other group guidance
- Weekdays from 10 am to 4 pm
50 € / maximum of 50 persons, entrance fee of 5 € / person
- Evenings and weekends
100 € / maximum of 50 persons, entrance fee of 5 € / person
We accept cash, debit and credit cards (also Visa Electron) or invoice.
Invoicing for groups
You should have the following information with you: invoicing address, business ID / personal details. The invoice is sent afterwards to the given address. Note that a invoicing fee of 10 € will be charged.
The prices include value added tax (VAT) of 10 %. We reserve the right to any price changes.
Escape game Kvarken’s sea monster
Visitor centre has an escape game that can be booked year-round. Read more and book your game online here.
How to get here, parking and charging point
The World Heritage Gateway is located at Replotvägen 2, 65800 Replot. It is about 20 minute drive from Vaasa. There is no specific public transportation to the area.
There are plenty of free parking spaces in the area. There is also a 24/7 charging point for electric cars in the parking lot. You can find the charging point on this online map. Note that if you want to charge your car between 10:30 PM and 7:30 AM, the parking lot is closed with an unlocked gate. Users of the charging point are allowed to open the gate during charging, but remember to close the gate again!
Accessibility and toilets
The World Heritage Gateway is accessible, and there are no stairs. The main entrance has a ramp and the door opens automatically via button.
The premises have one accessible, unisex toilet/child-care room with a diaper changing table. The door of the accessible toilet is not automatic. There are also two other toilet rooms with cubicles and urinals.
Pets are welcome to the World Heritage Gateway.
There are two outdoor picnic tables behind the visitor centre. The picnic tables are not accessible.
Other info points
The following places also offer information about the Kvarken Archipelago World Heritage:
- Café & Restaurant Salteriet, Björkövägen 1011, 65870 Björköby, Svedjehamn
- Vörå huvudbibliotek, Härmävägen 8, 66600 Vörå
- Kvarkens båtmuseum, Åminnevägen 433, 66100 Malax
- Bergö bibliotek, Bredhällsvägen 61 C, 66220 Bergö
- Restaurang Strand-Mölle, Sjövägen 271, 66210 Molpe
- Korsnäs bibliotek, Silverbergsvägen 9, 66200 Korsnäs
Please check opening hours from the respective websites.