The City of Vaasa is planning bus routes in cooperation with operators. Route and timetable planning is based on trips for children attending school, vocational school students and upper-secondary students. The development of commuting is important, and the city listens to the wishes of the local business community. The national Waltti card system is used on buses in Vaasa.
Customer service contact information
Oy Wasa Citybus Ab
Rewell Center, Ylätori 4
Tel: 050-511 4022
Opening hours: On weekdays 10:00 – 17:00
Recommendations for using face masks and other safety instructions
On Thursday, August 13, 2020, the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) issued a recommendation to citizens regarding the use of face masks on public transport, where it is difficult to maintain social distancing. It is now recommended to use a face mask on public transport in the City of Vaasa.
THL recommends using a face mask to protect other people in hospital district areas that have had corona infections in the past two weeks. The recommendation also applies to the Vaasa Hospital District.
Used properly, the face mask has been shown to reduce the potential spread of the virus to the environment.
According to the THL recommendation, a face mask is not suitable for children. The mask can be used according to the instructions from the age of 15. Users of face masks must obtain masks for themselves.
Avoid peak times and cash payments
It is important that passengers follow the instructions given. Your own actions can reduce the spread of corona infections.
- Wear a face mask. Put the mask on your face well in advance of getting on the vehicle.
- Only travel when healthy.
- Ensure good hand hygiene.
- Remember to maintain safe distancing.
- Avoid congested buses whenever your schedule allows and choose a quieter route outside of peak hours.
- Vaasa has the most passengers on public transport on weekdays from 7-9 and 14-17.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces.
- Cough into a disposable tissue or your sleeve, not into your hands.
- Avoid cash, use a travel card or a Waltti mobile ticket instead.
Hand disinfectant used on buses
Local transport service workers do their best to promote travel safety. Bus cleaning, surface cleaning and disinfection have been intensified. Particular attention is paid to surfaces that are often touched by hand.
The buses have hand disinfectant for passengers to use. It is also advisable to bring your own gloves in case the hand disinfectant inside the vehicle runs out.
Enhanced infection prevention measures will be continued in local traffic for as long as required by the general circumstances.