In the Presence of Mentors
THU 16.2.2023 at 19.00 VAASA CITY HALL
Vaasa City Orchestra
music director Sirkka-Liisa Kaakinen-Pilch, violin; Ole Kristian Dahl, bassoon
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Serenade No. 10 in B major, “Gran Partita”, arr. David Walter, ’50
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Divertimento in D major, K. 136, ’14
- Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach: Symphony for Strings in B minor, H. 661, Wq. 182/5, ’11
- Felix Mendelssohn: String Symphony No. 6 in E-flat major, ’12
Violinist Sirkka-Liisa Kaakinen visited Vaasa last spring with a delightful programme of Vivaldi’s concertos and was immediately invited back in front of the orchestra. This time, Kaakinen is accompanied by one of Europe’s leading bassoonists, Norwegian Ole Kristian Dahl, and their concert consists of German music from the Classical era.
The core of the concert is formed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s music, especially the grand and unparalleled brass serenade Gran Partita. Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach was one of Mozart’s important idols. The string symphonies of both him and Felix Mendelssohn, “the 19th century Mozart”, illustrate what inspired Mozart’s music and what kind of a legacy he left for the next generation.
30 € Basic ticket
25 € Pensioners, unemployed, Vaasa city employees
10 € Students, children
* We reserve the right for changes *