The Ministry of Justice’s electoral website vaalit.fi contains comprehensive information on the conduct of elections and the results of the elections.
The following general elections are conducted in Finland
- Municipal elections every four years. Information about the results of the municipal elections in 2021 can be found here.
- County elections every four years. Next time county elections will be conducted in 2025 same time with municipal elections. Information about the results of the county elections in 2022 can be found here.
- Parliamentary elections every four years.
- Election of the President of the Republic (presidential election) every six years.
- Elections to the European Parliament every five years.
In addition to elections, national and municipal consultative referendums in which the right to vote is universal may also be conducted.
In the 2023 parliamentary elections, the election day is Sunday 2 April 2023, and the advance voting period is 22 – 28 March in Finland and 22 – 25 March abroad.