The Ministry of Justice’s electoral website vaalit.fi contains comprehensive information on the conduct of elections and the results of the elections.
The following general elections are conducted in Finland
- Municipal elections every four years. Information about the results of the municipal elections in 2021 can be found here.
- County elections every four years. Next time county elections will be conducted in 2025 same time with municipal elections. Information about the results of the county elections in 2022 can be found here.
- Parliamentary elections every four years. Information about the results of the parliamentary elections in 2023 can be found here.
- Election of the President of the Republic (presidential election) every six years.
- Elections to the European Parliament every five years.
In addition to elections, national and municipal consultative referendums in which the right to vote is universal may also be conducted.
In the 2024 Presidential elections , the election day is Sunday 28 January 2024, and the advance voting period is 17 – 23 January in Finland and 17 – 20 January abroad.
In the 2024 Presidential elections, the election day is Sunday 28 January 2024. On this day, the polling stations are open from 9:00 to 20:00. The advance voting period is 17–23 January in Finland and 17–20 January abroad. A possible second election will be held on 11 February 2024 and advance voting from 31 January to 6 February 2024.