There are currently vacant plots from Vanha Vaasa (23 plots). Reservation and payment can now also be done online.
The city leases through the online booking service Timmi-software vacant plots of land for cultivation annually 1.2.-31.8
The City of Vaasa’s allotment areas can be used for growing crops and ornamental plants for non-commercial use.
The allotments are located in the following areas:
- Korkeamäki (Hirventie 11)
- Kotiranta (Ainonkatu 27)
- Suvilahti (Suvilahdentie)
- Vanha Vaasa (Läntinen Pitkäkatu 201)
The city leases through the online booking service Timmi-software vacant plots of land for cultivation annually 1.2. – 31.8.
The rental agreement requires identity verification.
Cultivation contracts are concluded annually.
The rotovation of the allotment plot can be ordered from Viheralueyksikkö during the spring time (until May 23rd). The cost of rotovation is 50€ (inc. VAT 24%)/plot.
Allotment price list
The rental price for an allotment plot is 27.50 € / growing season.
The size of a plot is 10 meters x 10 meters.
Allotment rental terms and other important information
Rental terms for allotment cultivation
We oversee that the rules are followed and reserve the right to end your cultivation contract.
- You must cultivate the plants and maintain the plot during the whole growing season.
- After the growing season, the plot should be cleared up and be clean.
- All the things (plants and other materials) on the plot should be taken away from the area.
- You are only allowed to sow and plant annual crops and ornamental plants. Planting woody plants e.g. apple trees, berry bushes is forbidden.
- Plants should be placed on the plot so, that they do not grow over the plot borders.
- The plot is rented only for growing plants – you can not place greenhouses, grills, composts or other structures on it.
- Marking off the plot (with planks, fences) is forbidden – paths and the neighboring plots are boundary markers.
- Burning waste and making fire is absolutely forbidden on the whole allotment area.
- Recycling the waste:
- put rubbish to the waste bins
- take compostable plant waste to the area marked out with a sign ¨Kasvijäte¨(plant waste)
- it is forbidden to bring any plant waste from outside the allotment area to there
- you must take away any other waste from the allotment area by yourself
- Water points, irrigation water and material for the soil improvement (sand) is only for the use of those who have rented an allotment plot.
- Those who water with watering can (instead of with a hose) have priority use to the water point.
Brownsing and renting the allotment with the Timmi-software
Through the online booking service, you can rent an allotment plot and pay for it online.
You can access the booking service at https://varaus.vaasa.fi/WebTimmi/#/25
Vacant allotments can be viewed without logging in, simply by clicking on the Selaile kirjautumatta (browse without logging in) button. You can search for allotments by area.
The advantage of using electronic services is that you can take care of allotment matters at your convenience, at any time of the day.
To rent or to process information about your existing reservation, you must first log in to the Timmi-software by using your personal bank identification codes.
Allotment fees and invoicing
Anyone who has paid for a previous season’s allotment will automatically be sent a new invoice during Fenruary. By paying the invoice by the due date, the tenant will secure the allotment for the upcoming rental period. At the same time, the tenant undertakes to abide by the applicable leasing terms of the allotments. Unpaid allotments are available for rental.
Invoices that are sent with incorrect address information often do not reach the holder of the allotment, which assumes that the plot is no longer wanted. That is why it is very important to report any change of address either by calling +358 (0)63254034 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Allotment's rental payment in Timmi-software
Through the online reservation service, Timmi-software, you can browse for vacant allotments as well as rent and pay for allotments online. To rent an allotment requires you to log into the service by using your personal bank identification codes.
The application of the European Union Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The application of the European Union Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) began on 25 May 2018. This will not require any action on the part of anyone registered, i.e. residents or customers of the City of Vaasa.
The most significant changes will be the more secure processing of the registered data and the improved rights of the data subjects.
The EU privacy setting can be found via this link.